The Nut Jobs
So tonight our 3 Nut Jobs decided to try and work some deals with the Katie and I.
Deal 1 went like this.
"The 3NJ committee has come to a decision that we believe we should make a trip to McDonald's tonight. The reasons for this decision is that the last time we went to McDonald's, we are pretty sure the swelling in Katie's hand went down. another reason is that we can get a 2 for 1 McFlurry and free 6 piece chicken nuggets because the Jazz had 6 steals last night. So can we go to McDonald's?"
How do you say no to such a rational argument...so we went to McDonald's.
Deal 2 was like this. (a little background...Davis and Cade are going to the orthodontist in the morning)
"We should miss first period in the morning, we have an orthodontist appointment and school is so exhausting, physically and mentally. We have to learn every day, all day, for the rest of our lives...can't we just skip first period? "
This is a pretty regular occurrence (asking to miss school) so we are pretty good at saying no, but...the kitchen was a bit of a mess, and the dishes weren't done. So we decided to make them a deal. If they cleaned the kitchen and did the dishes they could skip first period.
Now I should say I don't recommend this as an effective parenting method, but they do have pretty good grades, and we really, really didn't feel like doing the dishes tonight.
It took them a few minutes to agree to this deal. "Wow, this is really messy, its a lot of work." "let's do it, we won't have to wake up early." "Ok"
Then we heard this. "Well that was a good night, The Nut Jobs 2 parents 0." I don't like losing, but if going 0-2 gets the kitchen clean. sign me up.
Here is a taste of the nut jobs cleaning the kitchen.
I think it was worth it. You got a clean kitchen out of it that's great
ReplyDeleteKathy Urry
True salesman! They just might have a future at VLCM. That is funny, it re.inds me of me when I was their age.
ReplyDeleteThis is so fun, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete